Ridge gourd/Heerekayi with Milk Palya
Ridge Gourd/Heerekayi 1
Onion chopped 1 cup
Green chillies 4
Red chillies 2
Milk 3 cups
Chana dal 1 tsp
Urad dal 1 tsp
Mustard ¼ tsp
Curry leaves 1 strand
Turmeric ¼ tsp
Chilli powder 1 ½ tsp
Coriander powder 1 tsp
Cumin powder ¼ tsp
1. Wash and chop the ridge gourd into small pieces. Keep aside.
2. Heat oil in a pan, add mustard when it splutter add red chillies, chana dal, urad dal and green chillies one by one and sauté.
3. Add curry leaves, onions and fry them till transparent.
4. Add milk, chopped ridge gourd and salt. Let it boil.
5. Add turmeric powder, cumin powder, chilli powder and coriander powder mix well and cook for 10 minutes in medium heat or till it becomes thicker.
Note: You can make the same dish with Drumstick (nuggekayi) /
Bottle gourd (sorekayi) / Zucchini.