Rava/Semolina 1 cup
Mixed veggies frozen (Green peas, green beans, carrot, corn, lima bean) OR
pressure cooked fresh veggies 1 cup
Onion finely chopped ½ cup
Green chilies 4-5
Ginger finely chopped ¼ tsp
Mustard ¼ tsp
Chana dal ½ tsp
Urad dal ½ tsp
Grated coconut 1-2 tsp
Lemon juice 2 tsp
Sugar ½ - 1 tsp
Curry leaves 10
Ghee 1-2 tsp
Oil 2-3 tsp
Water 2 (OR 2 ½) cups
1. Heat ghee in a frying pan, add Rava and roast them till
it gives a nice aroma. (do not burn the rava)
2. Heat oil in a pan, add mustard, chana dal, urad dal,
and asafoetida. Fry them. Add slit green chilies and fry.
3. Add ginger, curry leaves and onion. Fry them till
4. Add frozen veggies and salt. Cover the lid and cook
till they become soft. Add water, bring it to boil. ( If
you use fresh, cooked veggies then add veggies and water
5. Add salt, sugar, lemon juice and grated coconut. Mix
well. Turn the heat to low.
6. Add roasted rava slowly and mix well. Keep stirring for
few minutes till all the water is absorbed by the rava.
7. Cover the lid and cook for 2 minutes on low heat.
Switch off the stove.
8. Uppittu/Upma is ready to serve.