Milk ¾ cup
Sugar ½ cup [I also tried with 1/4 cup sugar and 1/4 cup powdered jaggery]
Oil ¼ cup
Baking Soda 1 tsp
All purpose flour/Maida 1 cup
Cashews and Walnuts 1 cup
1. Soak the dates in warm milk for 4 hrs. Remove the seeds.
Grind them into smooth paste along with sugar and oil.
2. Mix maida and baking soda.
3. Transfer the ground paste into a mixing bowl and add one table spoon of flour at a time and mix well.
4. Finally add cashew and walnut pieces, mix well. Transfer it to greased baking tray.
5. Preheat the oven at 350F and bake the cake for 35-40 minutes.
Click here for the original recipe.