Kabuli Chana (Chickpea) 1 cup
Ginger minced 1tsp
Garlic minced 1 tsp
Green chillies 4
MDH Chana masala powder 1 tsp
Red Chilli powder 1 tsp
Coriander powder 1 tsp
Turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
Coriander leaves 1/4 cup
Aniseed small piece
1. Soak Chana for 4-5 hrs. Wash and pressure cook the chana with little water and salt.
2. Chop the onions and crush it in a blender (do not make paste). Keep aside.
3. Chop the tomatoes and green chilies. Put them in a blender add minced garlic and ginger and blend into smooth paste.
4. Heat oil in a pan, add cloves and aniseed. Add crushed onion, fry them till transparent. Add step 3 (tomato green chilli) paste and cook for 2-3 minutes.
5. Add Red chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, chana masala powder and little salt. Cook for another 2-3 minutes.
6. Add cooked chana and 1 cup of water. Cook till gravy becomes thick. Sprinkle coriander leaves. Switch off the stove.
7. Chana masala is ready to serve.