Beaten rice/Poha 2 cupsGrated coconut 4-5 tsp
Dry Red Chilli 5-6
Mustard ½ tsp
Tamarind lemon size (more) soaked in water
Powdered Jaggery 3-4 tsp
Turmeric powder ¼ tsp
Groundnut ½ cup
Chana dal 1 tsp
Urad dal 1tsp
Cumin ½ tsp
Curry leaves 1 strand
1. Wash beaten rice 2 times. Add tamarind juice, jaggery powder,
turmeric powder and salt. Keep aside.
2. Grind coconut, dry red chillies and mustard without adding
water or with very less water.
3. Heat oil in a pan, add mustard and cumin. Add chana dal, urada dal
and groundnut one by one and fry them. Add curry leaves and asafoetida. Add ground masala (step 2) and fry them for few minutes.
4. Add beaten rice (step 1) and mix well. Cook for 2 minutes.
5. Gojjavalakki is ready to serve.