Bitter gourd Dry Chutney
Bitter gourd 2
Mustard ¼ tsp
Fenugreek ¼ tsp
Sesame seeds 2 tsp
Peanuts ½ cup
Chilli powder ½ tsp
Coriander powder 1 tsp
Cumin powder ¼ tsp
Turmeric powder ¼ tsp
Lemon juice 2 tsp
1. Wash and finely chop the bitter gourd. Discard the seeds.
Add salt to it and leave it for 30 minutes and squeeze out
the juice, keep aside. (add more salt)
2. Dry roast and crush the peanuts and keep aside.
3. Heat 2 tsp of oil in a pan, add mustard and allow it to
splutter. Add methi (fenugreek) seeds, sesame seeds, crushed
peanuts one by one. Cook them till they become golden brown.
4. Add bitter gourd, mix well and add chilli powder, coriander powder,
cumin powder and turmeric powder, mix well. Cover the lid and cook till it becomes tender. Add lemon juice and cook for few minutes.
5. Bitter gourd dry chutney is ready and you can store it in
an air tight box/fridge for one week.
Note: Squeezed out juice can be used in the preparation of
chapati or any curries. Cover the lid immediately after adding