Methi Na Gota
Methi/Fenugreek leaves (chopped) 2 cups
Gram flour/Besan 1 cup
Semolina/Sooji Rava ½ cup
Wheat flour ¼ cup
Red Chili powder 1 tsp
Green chillies (crushed) 4-5
Garlic (crushed) 4 pods
Yogurt 1-2 Tbsp
Sesame seeds 2 tsp
Sugar 2-3 tsp
Crushed pepper ¼ tsp
Turmeric powder ¼ tsp
Garam masala ¼ tsp
Baking soda pinch
1. Combine all the above ingredients in a large mixing bowl except yogurt,
baking soda and oil.
2. Now add yogurt little by little to make thick batter. Consistency of the
batter should be like vada batter. Let it rest for 15-20 minutes.
3. Now add pinch of baking soda and one tsp of oil. Mix well.
4. Heat the oil for deep frying. Drop a spoon of the batter and deep fry
till golden brown. Fry 5-6 gotas/pakodas at a time.
5. Serve methi gotas/pakodas with chutney or ketchup.
Note: "Methi na Gota" is one of the famous Gujarathi snack.