Rice ½ cup
Wheat flour ½ cup
Jaggery ½ cup
Water 2 cups
1. Dry roast fenugreek seeds, rice and wheat flour separately. Let them cool.
2. Grind the roasted fenugreek seeds and rice into fine powder.
3. Put jaggery and water into a vessel. Once the jaggery dissolves, sieve the jaggery water into a thick bottomed pan. Let it boil.
4. Once it starts boiling turn the heat to low and add all the flour (fenugreek, rice and wheat flour). Keep stirring until the flour gets cooked to avoid the formation of lumps. Cook till the mixture becomes halwa consistency.
5. My favorite menthe hittu is ready. Serve with ghee.