Halasina hannu Mulka/Fried Jackfruit sweet
Jackfruit (deseeded and chopped) 2 cups
Rice 1 cup
Grated coconut ¼ cup
Jaggery 5 tsp (adjust as per your taste)
Cardamom powder ¼ tsp
Peppercorn (crushed) pinch
Nutmeg powder pinch
Salt ¼ tsp
Oil for deep frying
1. Deseed and chop the jackfruit into pieces. Keep aside.
2. Soak the rice in water for 2-3 hrs and drain.
3. Take jackfruit pieces, soaked rice, grated coconut, salt and jaggery in a mixer/grinder and make smooth paste. Try to make the batter without adding water, if needed add only 2-3 tsp water.
4. Transfer into a bowl and add nutmeg powder, crushed peppercorn and cardamom powder. Mix well.
5. Heat oil in a frying pan. Take spoon full of batter and drop into hot oil.
6. Fry till golden brown. Remove from oil and place on a paper towel.
7. Serve Jackfruit mulka with Ghee. Jackfruit mulka is very tasty and one of my favorites too.