Yogurt 2 tbsp/ Buttermilk 3-4 tbsp
Rice 1 ½ tsp
Chana dal 6
Coconut 6 tsp
Mustard ¼ tsp
Cumin ¼ tsp
Green chilis 1-2
Curry leaves 5-6
1. Wash and peel the skin of Knolkhol. Chop into thin
triangular pieces. Pressure cook with little salt and
2. Wash and soak rice and chana dal in water for 1 hr.
3. Beat yogurt and water OR you can use buttermilk. Keep
4. Grind soaked rice, chana dal, coconut, mustard, cumin,
green chilies and curry leaves along with little water into
5. Heat oil in a pan, add mustard, cumin and curry leaves
fry them. Add ground paste, mix well. Let it boil in low
heat. Add the water in cooked veggies. Once it become
thicker and starts boiling, add cooked vegetables. Let it
boil for few minutes. Add salt if required.
6. Switch off the stove and let it cool down. Finally add
yogurt/buttermilk. Mix well.
7. Add water if required. Serve with rice.
Note: No need to cook/boil after adding yogurt/buttermilk.