Water 4 cups
Sugar 1 ½ cups (or adjust the sugar as per your taste)
Home made Paneer - click here
Milk 3-4 cups
Sugar 1 tbsp (adjust the sugar as per your taste)
Cardamom powder ¼ tsp
Almond and Pistachio slices 1 tbsp
1. Divide the paneer into 15 equal parts. Roll them into grape/marble size smooth balls. Flatten the balls slightly. Keep aside.
2. Combine sugar and water in a wide/large pan, bring it to boil on high heat (use wide pan since the paneer expand and double the size after cooking).
3. Add paneer and cover the lid. Cook for 20-30 minutes on high heat. Switch off the stove and let it cool down.
4. After cooling take out the paneer from syrup, press slightly and keep aside.
5. Boil the milk in a thick bottomed pan on low to medium heat until the milk reduce to half (4 cups milk reduced to 2 cups). Keep stirring to avoid sticking/burning at the bottom of the pan.
6. Add sugar, mix well. Add cardamom powder, sliced almond and pistachios.
7. Add cooked paneer(part 4) into the milk and cook for few minutes. (cooking part is optional)
8. Switch off the stove and let it cool down. Garnish with sliced almond and pistachios.
9. Rasmalai is ready. Serve chilled.