Finger millet/Ragi 1 cup
Jaggery powdered 1/2 cup (you can also use sugar)
Grated fresh coconut 1/2 cup
Cardamom powder 1/4 tsp
Ghee 2-3 tsp
1. Wash and Soak the finger millet in water for 4-5 hrs.
2. Heat jaggery in little water until the jaggery dissolves. Filter and set aside.
3. Combine soaked finger millet, water and coconut in a mixer and grind into paste.
4. Filter the finger millet paste into a large bowl.
5. Once again grind the finger millet pulp/husk by adding water and filter the paste. Repeat this for 2 times. Discard the finger millet pulp/husk.
6. Now take a thick bottom pan and add filtered jaggery syrup, 2 tsp ghee and filtered finger millet milk. Allow it to cook on low flame. Keep stirring until you get halwa consistency [the liquid turns to smooth and thick mass]
7. Finally add cardamom powder, mix well and switch off the stove.
8. Pour into a greased plate and allow it to cool down.
9. Cut into pieces and refrigerate it.
10. My favorite healthy finger millet halwa is ready to serve.